Friday, July 1, 2011

~ Scatter Brain ~ Yes thats me..

I love using coupons and getting the deals.. It is alot of work and if I told you it wasn't I would be lying.. Many hours I would spend matching coupons searching forums ext.  It seems I do it for 2 weeks and get burnt out.. But Here is the great thing about it.. MY STOCKPILE.  I dont need to get anything because I already have it.  The downfall.. when I dont shop, I dont post.  During the other 2 weeks of the month I am cleaning, playing with my kiddos, crafting and rearranging my house to get it JUST SO!! I am a scatter brain and involve my hubs in many projects he does *NOT* want to participate in! But does so because he loves me :)  The insanity at times can be endless, and im not kidding.. painting, constructing.. But what I have never done much of is Cook.. well out of my realm of safety foods that my mom, grandmom's and aunt's cooked.  I have perfected their recipes.. but I haven't built my own..

I rarely use coupons on food.. We just dont eat most of it.. Cereal and frozen vegetables are about it, rendering much of the food coupons useless in my home.  I have a bread machine, im scared of it.. I have an oven to bake in.. and seriously if my cakes didnt look like *Hiroshima* as hubs call them I would use it more. Besides the fact I HATE THE MOUNTAIN OF DISHES IN MY SINK.. If you have been to my house, you know my sink along with my cabinets is well stocked!

 What I did love this month was the ability to pull dinners/lunches from the freezer that were homemade, and just throw them in the oven!  I felt good knowing my hubs took them to work saving us alot of money too.. so what I need to do is make homemade food more available in my house!!

July is here..I am ready for another freezer cooking day.  I am going to hit the farmers market this afternoon.. and get my veggies and fruit for the month. 

This weekends plan..
Muffins
Fruit Rolls Ups (who know you can home make this!!)
Chopped Fruit for the freezer
Watermelon Popsicles (im sure my andrew will love this!!)
Blanching vegetables and freezing them.. (ha, I have to laugh, this will be a fiasco Im sure)
Potatoes for hash browns, mashed and twice baked and stuffed skins
Herbs and garlic (You can freeze them!)
Breads w fruit
Bagels

Since I am the only blogger on Centsable Secrets, and this is completely non profit.. I am changing the focus a bit, so I have more content to post for you!!  Feel free to unsubscribe if you would like because this is about to take a much more personal spin.  But I would like it if you stayed and shared me. 

(not my sink, but it does look like this!)